If you didn’t know already, Google has added Podcasts (read radio shows) to Google Play (formerly music). This is a short post because it’s really not that rough if you have your RSS feeds (podcast only) configured properly, but that’s a different post!
Here’s how to submit your podcast to Google’s new podcasts directory.
- Visit Google Play and get ready to publish
- Click “Publish”
- Make sure you Login with your Google account if you aren’t already.
- Click “Add a Podcast.”
- Review and accept the terms of service — make sure you have the distribution rights, even if it’s your own show.
- Enter Your Podcast only RSS Feed (here’s some instructions from Google for configuration)
- Verifiy Ownership of the RSS Feed/Podcast.
- Publish your podcast on Google Play.
- Wait for Google to approve you.
Obviously Google has a lot of power in the world of, well, the world! They are a bit behind iTunes and the folks at Apple, but it’s Google! You have to be there! If you have questions about marketing your podcast or radio show, feel free to Get Podcast Marketing Help, or ask a question in the comment section below